Sunday, August 28, 2011

098 - Feng Shui

Brush Pen on Sketchbook Paper

My Mom and I went to Four Seasons looking for Feng Shui crystals.  They are spherical tear drop shaped balls that you hang to help balance the chi in a room.  They also look really pretty when the sun shines through them. :)  I also got Bagua mirror which you hang outside your door to protect you from negative energy.

Another great Feng Shui decoration that I would love to have is a pair of stone Foo Dogs outside my door!  In talking to the owner of Four Seasons, I learned that Foo Dogs are created in pairs, a male and female.  The male rests his paw on an egg that represents the world, and the female rests hers on a cup or a pup, representing family.  

Later that evening I was looking at Foo Dog statues on Ebay and was struck by how many were being sold individually.  It was sad to think of these guardian couples being split up by ignorant sellers, or perhaps by dealers before.   The lyrics from Three Dog Night's One kept running through my head as I did this doodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment