Tuesday, May 24, 2011

004 - The Weight of Ancestors


Ball Point Pen on Sketchbook Paper

Today's doodle is inspired in part by Karen Bozik's ancestral drawings. It got me to think about my ancestors and just how many people contributed to my genetic make-up over the centuries.  Then it got me thinking about my role in this string of continued lineage, and time started to press on me.  Who will be the father of my children, and what lineage will he bring to their line?

And then I realized there's no sense in worrying about any of it.  Supposedly, there was one genetic Eve who gave birth to 7 daughters, and between all the people of the world, their lines continue.  The weight of our ancestors is spread among all the people of the world and I don't have to bear it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment