Wednesday, May 25, 2011

005 - Doodles in Blue

Blue Pitt Pen, Blue TomBow Pen and Black Copic Multiliner on Sketchbook Paper

Oops!  I thought it would be fun to change things up today, but I guess they call the color "non-photo blue" for a reason!  Sorry for the poor reproduction.  In Sequential Art and Animation we like to do our roughs in Non-Photo blue, then do nice clean lines with Pencil or black ink.  A slight adjustment in Photoshop will get rid of all the  blue you see here and leave just the clean black lines.

The ants marching into the coin purse are inspired by Emily Ayres post yesterday.  

4 comments:

  1. I like this one a lot. I love this style of doodling. I feel like you are blogging in an online diary through doodling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is a bit like that. I write 3 pages of stream of consciousness thoughts before I do the doodles, and a lot of the imagery is inspired by what I've written. For example, I was pondering the idea that you can't be a financially successful artist without giving up other parts of your life, like family. I want to be a Mom someday, and I want to be devoted to my husband and children, but I'm often told i can do this OR be a successful comic artist, not both. I am inclined to prove folks wrong, but I worry that they are right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live the freedom of this. Very cool. And great to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Steve, both on the art and the welcome. :) I'll be home this summer for and internship in Granby, CT. Are you doing and writing workshops or groups?

    ReplyDelete