Thursday, May 26, 2011

006 - Who Am I?

Blue Papermate Pen on Sketchbook Paper

I think I just found my favorite pen for doodling!  I love the fluid impermanence of the blue, it's not as much of a commitment as black, but still scannable.  You can also get a really good range of darks to lights allowing you to shade like a pencil if you want.  

A theme has emerged over the last few days; there is always a song in my head!  I think I already knew this, but it's never been documented before.  I let lyrics speak for me all the time.  My life philosophy even comes from a song, All You Need is Love by the Beatles.  "There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be."

I know what most of the symbolism is in this image, but the Kookaburra came out of nowhere and surprised me.  It's not listed in my book of Symbols, so I had to go searching on the internet.  The Kookaburra  meaning of family, sibling rivalry and turning hurt into happiness sums up almost a full page of my writing this morning!  It also represents a search for my own truths, and then sharing what I've learned with others, which is exactly what I'm doing with this project!   Some might call the meaning of the symbol a coincidence, but I don't believe in coincidence, see my life philosophy above.

I love it when things prove out this way.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Great work, Lonnie! You've really blossomed down south!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan! I'm really enjoying this project. :)

    ReplyDelete