Friday, May 20, 2011

100 Days Again

I've decided to give this 100 Days Project another go.  Let's see if I can make it past Day 10 this time!  I've decided to go easy on myself this time around.  I bought a blank sketch book and my job is to fill it, a page a day, for 100 days.  I'm not telling myself what I have to put in there, I just have to fill the page.

As a Sequential Artist, someone who makes comics, I suspect my pages with be filled with a combination of words and images.  While most of us look at words as just that, words, I try to see them as symbols with power and meaning.  I'll likely explore that, along with what most people would consider traditional symbols, in my doodles.

Another theme I'm very interested in is Perception.  How can two people look at the exact same symbol, or witness the same event, and see something completely different?  What does this mean for reality?

I'll be starting my Senior Year at SCAD this fall, and I'm not sure where I want to go or what I want to do when I graduate.  I hope that, through these 100 Pages, I'll learn something new about myself, or rediscover old passions, and find some guidance for the next stage of my life as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment