Monday, June 20, 2011

031 - Goodbye Dr. Who, Hello Again!

Ball Point Pen on Sketchbook Paper

I know the whole point of 100 Days it to be inspired by the other artists participating in it, but tonight's doodle is instead inspired by a random piece of art I found in an old convention sketchbook.  I have no idea who the artist is since he, probably she, uses a cute little squiggle as their signature, kind of like I do. :)  The image is of an adorable little blue Parakeet gryphon about to eat an inch worm.  I drew my own Cockatiel gryphon in response, and his sad old man of an owner.

The rest of the cosmic space imagery is inspired by Dr. Who's The End of Time parts 1 & 2.   At the risk of giving away spoilers (though the images on the DVD boxes gives it away anyhow) it is the sad sad sad end of David Tennant's run as The Doctor, and the introduction of the new Doctor.  I didn't do so well with the last Doctor switch, and I really like DT, so I'm only slightly looking forward to starting the new season.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice :)

    The new Doctor is quite good, although I do like to revisit Tennant and Eccleston's Doctors (DVDs and Netflix make that simple). In some ways when they change the Doctor, the show gets refreshed so while you miss the old Doctor you can appreciate the new adventures. Have you read the Doctor Who comics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know there were Dr. Who comics! I'll have to check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete